SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Radisson, Hilton, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Food & Beverage Manager at the Residence Inn by Marriott Downtown Vancouver
It is a very exciting time to join the SilverBirch family as the first venture with our new partner Marriott International, the Residence Inn by Marriott Downtown Vancouver, is now open! Formerly known as Cascadia Hotel & Suites, the hotel went under a $25 million total renovation and opened in July 2012 with both a new name and a brand-new look!
If you are looking for more than job satisfaction and want to THRIVE – Join our Team!
Only Residence Inn is specifically designed to restore and sustain physical, mental and emotional energy. We support, encourage and inform so that you’re better able to thrive. Be a part of building something special. The Residence Inn by Marriott Downtown Vancouver is the premier extended stay hotel in the city, providing an energizing, modern and warm environment.
The Food & Beverage Manager reports to the General Manager and is responsible for overseeing and managing the day to day operations of all Food and Beverage operations in the hotel.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- A certificate/diploma/degree in Hospitality Management or equivalent
- Red Seal (or equivalent) knowledge base in the kitchen
- Proven marketing background/experience
- Min. 2 years Food Service Operation experience at management level
- A minimum of 2-5 years full-time senior experience working within a food and beverage operations department in the hospitality industry
- Serving it Right, and Food Safe Certification, (NFSTP Certification an asset), Demonstrated working knowledge of computerized Point of Sales systems, Catering system, Property Management system, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Menu Development: pricing, cost analysis and engineering experience required
- Wine training required (Sommelier, WSET, Academy of Wine)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to manage and lead servers and kitchen team in all areas to meet the demands of the business. Includes supervising Cavino Coffee & Wine Bar, the Gatehouse Breakfast Room and flex-use meeting space, kitchen associates and servers, and co-ordination of all F & B services
- Must be able to work various shifts within the F&B Operations including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Oversees the adherence of all Audits and Controls as set out by government, the company and the industry
- Complete Forecasting / Scheduling, Menu Engineering and Purchasing, Inventory Processes
- Develops and maintains Food & Beverage budget, maximizing departmental profitability
- Develops and institutes marketing initiatives to maximize exposure and covers
- Updates menu content, pricing, marketing
- Trains kitchen team (with consulting Chef) on new menus
- Understands customers, builds organizational credibility, develops new revenue sources, encourages up selling through incentives, and works at staying ahead of the competition
- Sets goals and standards while finding solutions that are beneficial to guests and associates, while meeting deadlines
- Assists with dealing with customer inquiries/issues to maintain a high standard of customer service
- Ensures that necessary training takes place in order to motivate team achieve star/sales performance goals with compliance to operational standards
- Oversees adherence to the Collective Bargaining Agreement within F&B Division
- Actively participates in department head meetings and other organizational events
- Physical requirements of the position include the ability to lift approximately 25-55 lbs
- Commits to being a 5 Green Key environmentally responsible hotel, actively participates in organizational initiatives and seeks out opportunities to reduce, reuse, repurpose and recycle; is cognizant of and compliant with OH&S related requirements and standards
- Recognizes and rewards top performance, is approachable, caring and considerate
- Contributes to the overall strategic goals, initiatives and organizational objectives (i.e. Corporate F&B, Regional and Hotel)
- Excellent Team player with coaching and mentorship abilities
- Effective Communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Time-management skills and schedule flexibility required
- Excellent organization skills and ability to delegate tasks and conduct evaluations and feedback
- Comfortable with computer software and spreadsheet applications
- Experience in launching new menus, products and working effectively with suppliers/vendors
If you are interested in joining a great team of hospitality professionals in one of the hottest markets in Canada:
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.