SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Food and Beverage Server for The Den at Quality Hotel and Conference Centre in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
The Server is responsible for providing prompt and courteous food & beverage service to the customers patronizing in the outlet.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follows all established Food & Beverage Operating and Cash Handling Procedures.
- Provides prompt service by taking table orders for all food and beverage from the guests and serves in a professional and positive manner.
- Attends to all guest requests, being constantly aware of anticipating the guests’ needs. Has thorough menu knowledge.
- Communicates daily specials or promotions to guests.
- Helps to ensure the smooth running of all guests requirements and needs on each table.
- Clears and sets tables ready for next guests and clears away any used cutlery and plates, etc. Ensures the highest levels of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Checks buffets for replenishment, cleanliness and responds to guest requests as required.
- Liaises with kitchen and communicates orders efficiently.
- Ensures customer concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner and follows the “Remarkable Recovery” formula.
- Restocks the service areas with condiments, plates, glasses, and other items needed to ensure smooth running of the outlet.
- Utilizes up-selling techniques to maximize outlet profitability.
- Completes daily side duties as assigned.
- Assists with daily, weekly and quarterly inventory.
- Reports, turns in, and/or logs all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Reports all concerns related to Engineering/Maintenance, Health and Safety, Security or Suspicious circumstances (including smells/sights and sound) immediately to the appropriate leader.
- Assists in the removal of trash, recyclables and dirty linens as directed.
- Adheres to all SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts standards, including Hygiene and Grooming, Health and Safety, Security, Fire Safety, Key Deliverables and SPIRIT Standards, GREEN Initiatives.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- High School diploma.
- Previous training in hospitality industry is considered an asset.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Lifting – Under 20lbs 50% of work time, Carrying – Under 20lbs 50% of work time, Pulling – Under 20lbs 10% of work time, Bending, standing, reaching, and kneeling.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.