SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Financial Systems Business Analyst at our Corporate Office in Downtown Vancouver, BC.
The Financial Business Systems Analyst is responsible for enterprise-wide oversight and maintenance of financial system information technology. This position utilizes strong financial policy and process knowledge as well as skills and expertise with a variety of technologies. The Analyst will work closely with the end-users to evaluate current procedures, understand business objectives, provide daily support activities, train, and gain efficiencies by leveraging functionality in the ERP environment. The day-to-day support activities include, but are not limited to, requirement gathering, documentation, testing, maintenance and end-user support and training.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Maintenance of financial accounting system:
• Set up and maintaining users
• Provide daily support for financial system users
• Year-end and month-end closing procedures
• Initiate a new year in the financial system
• Create and open new general ledger, project, department codes in the financial system (in accordance with company policy)
• Manage and report on financial system user changes/additions in accordance with the Access Control Policy
• Review the configuration of the financial systems
• Integration of other systems (i.e. Property Management System, Human Resource Payroll System) into the financial systems
• Coordinate the development and provision of training tools for new users of the financial software.
Maintenance of financial reporting systems (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Jet Reports, Prophix):
• Review and maintain Microsoft Jet Reports and Prophix reports
• Monitor and maintain Prophix cube processing schedules
• Test the data integrity of the Data Warehouse and other financial reporting systems.
• Create and maintain Excel templates used for reporting, budgeting and other purposes for various properties and departments
New systems development:
• Work with Finance and Information Technology departments in the development and implementation of any new financial reporting systems and Business Intelligence software
• Contribute to any new design, analysis and testing of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), vertical systems related to operations and reporting systems
• Document and update all processes, tools and new initiatives
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
• A minimum of 3-4 years’ work experience in an Information Technology role (including databases, reporting and security)
• Excellent knowledge of information technologies, systems design and programming.
• Exceptional technical abilities and a thorough knowledge of business concepts and hospitality operations
• Knowledge of hospitality operations and experience
• Strong software diagnostic/troubleshooting skills
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Prophix and Microsoft Jet Reports
• Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Flexibility to adapt and willingness to learn new technologies
• Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects at one time and adapt to changing priorities
• Maintain a fresh and positive attitude at all times
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision (i.e. self-motivated and willing to stretch to meet important deadlines).
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
• does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
• does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.