SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and
manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels
operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Radisson, Hilton, Quality, Best
Western and Ramada.
We are looking for an Executive Housekeeper at Fairfield Inn & Suites® by Marriott in St. John’s.
It is a very exciting time to join the SilverBirch family with our new partner Fairfield Inn & Suites®by Marriott.
Formerly known as The Travellers Inn St. John’s, the hotel is currently undergoing a $21 million complete revitalization
and will re-open early 2013 with both a new name and a brand-new look!
Fairfield Inn & Suites provides everything guests need to work productively, maximize down
time, eat well and sleep soundly, and keep their stay going smoothly, all at an exceptional value.
Guests can once again believe in the value of a comfortable, affordable and reliable business hotel.
Reporting to the General Manager and as a key member of the management group, the
Executive Housekeeper will be accountable for setting the exemplary standard of cleanliness
throughout the hotel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure hotel cleanliness meets or exceeds the brand standards.
- Provide a clean and well maintained hotel by supervising the overall housekeeping operations.
- Schedule employees in accordance with forecasted occupancy and adjust staffing needs where necessary.
- Interview, hire and train new associates to exceed brand standards.
- Conduct performance appraisals for all housekeeping associates.
- Investigate guest complaints and take action to resolve challenges to maintain the highest level of guest satisfaction and quality.
- Maintain proper linen pars, chemicals and amenity inventories.
- Evaluate condition of hotel furniture, fixtures, décor and make recommendations and assist in the coordination of preventative maintenance program.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all housekeeping associates.
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment within the department and the hotel.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as a Manager or Executive Housekeeper
- Proven leadership, motivational and training skills
- Superior guest/customer service abilities in a busy and changing environment
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Proficient computer skills including Excel & MS Office
- Must be available to work all shifts
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND
ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com
and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian