SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages
over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under
major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for an Executive Chef at the Radisson Hotel Calgary Airport in Calgary, AB.
In the role of Executive Chef, you will be responsible for managing the kitchen and stewarding function,
for directing all aspects of food preparation and presentation for food outlets and catering functions,
meeting the highest levels of quality and cost-effectiveness consistent with hotel standards and
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads the day-to-day culinary operations to ensure that the highest level of quality, service and safety standards are utilized to promote maximum profitability and excellence
- Provides strong leadership to associates by implementing effective programs and practices which facilitates high performance, productivity and satisfaction levels
- Maximizes guest satisfaction by providing premier quality and presentation of food products
- Monitors and evaluates industry trends and recommends appropriate action to be taken to maintain the competitive status and profitability of the operation
- Holds an extraordinary regard for safe food handling and sanitation by maintaining a healthy and safe work environment within the department and hotel
- Manages a variety of management administrative practices and processes such as budgeting, maintaining and managing labour costs, producing reports and working on a variety of other systems for improved management decision making and critical evaluation of work activities
- Works with Senior Leadership to formulate short-term tactics and long-term strategies to maximize hotel profitability
- Maintains a visible public presence by participating in public relations programs and events
- Prepares gourmet dinners for special guests, food and wine societies, and restaurant critics
- Conducts cooking demonstrations and participates in culinary competitions
- Performs other duties as required.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- A certificate/diploma/degree in Culinary or Hospitality Management or equivalent including Red
- Seal Certification
- A minimum of 3 years experience as an Executive Chef and/or 4-5 years experience as
- Executive Sous Chef within a full service property
- Proven experience in maintaining high standards of productivity and efficiency in the kitchen
- Certification in First Aid, Food Safe Certification, WHMIS or equivalent
- A good command of English/French and/or multiple languages are desirable
- Have the ability to perform physical work, stand/walk for long periods of time and lift 50 lbs
- Able to work a flexible work schedule
- Menu and service design experience in a modern, up-scale restaurant
- Experience with scheduling labour and managing budgets
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Contact us at:
Human Resources Manager
Fax: (403) 219 6373
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND
ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian