Director of Sales & Marketing
Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Director of Sales & Marketing at Ramada Edmonton and Conference Centre in Edmonton, AB.
The Director of Sales & Marketing is the gatekeeper of the hotels revenue generation initiatives, ensuring top-of-brand performance, adherence to sales and marketing processes and procedures, effective revenue management and relevant marketing strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures the presence of an engaged and success orientated sales culture within the hotels
- Directs the hotel in the development, implementation and successful achievement of the revenue generation and strategic business plans
- Motivates and challenges the team to achieve both team and individual goals
- Leads by example in the targeting of and development of new business relationships and opportunities
- Displays extensive knowledge of all sales and social media channels
- Plans, directs and evaluates all sales activities at the hotel
- Demonstrates outstanding associate and customer relations and is a key member of the hotel senior leadership team
- Assists in the annual creation of the Sales and Marketing budget
- Responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence
- Understands and is able to analyze financial statements to explain market trends and expenses
- Displays superior knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning and resource allocation
- Engages and encourages creative and innovative revenue generation opportunities
- Understands market dynamics, anticipates opportunities and risks
- Aligns individual and team actions with strategies and plans to drive business results
- Skilled at setting goals and facilitating goal accomplishment
- Skilled at establishing effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Leads through SilverBirch vision and values
- Responsible for the professional growth and development of all team members
- Maintains an active role in the community, civic and industry organizations
- Directs the development of effective public relations, advertising and promotional campaigns
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of marketing/sales campaigns and their impact
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- University or college degree in Hotel Management/Business Administration preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a senior sales position; hospitality experience preferred
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills; demonstrated ability to lead and/or influence others in order to have a specific impact or effect
- Ability to set priorities, plan, organize, delegate, control and inspire
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and customer resolution skills
- Experience with Delphi and Opera an asset
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.