SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a Director, Human Capital at Corporate Office in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Reporting to the Senior Vice-President, Human Capital, the Director, Human Capital, will provide leadership and support for the design and implementation of human capital strategies and programs in alignment with the company’s strategic plan. This position is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of human capital initiatives including workforce & succession planning, performance management, associate engagement and governance programs. As an experienced, polished and articulate human capital professional, the Director, Human Capital will act as a key liaison between the corporate human capital team and property leadership teams. This position will serve as the internal subject matter expert on all corporate governance, performance management, associate engagement and workforce planning strategies, programs and initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, plan and implement company-wide workforce planning strategies, program and policies in support of the overall human capital strategy.
- Act as the subject matter expert on associate engagement, develop and implement programs to drive sustainable associate engagement.
- Lead the performance management function for the company. Develop and implement programs that create a culture of performance and results. Create and drive a performance driven culture throughout the company.
- Lead the corporate governance and compliance functions. Develop a framework for managing human capital risks and identify and implement mitigation strategies.
- Build strong relationships and provide coaching, strategic advice, and leadership to the property human capital professionals supporting them in their day to day management and resolution of matters related to employee relations, including discipline, attendance management, engagement, workforce planning and legal precedent.
- Act as a human capital point of escalation for property General Managers and human capital professionals at the hotels. Provide coaching and guidance to property General Managers on human capital programs and initiatives.
- Participate as a member of the corporate human capital team contributing to strategic decision making, proactive strategy development and operationalizing human capital plans to improve the overall employee experience.
- Contribute to the creation of a company culture aligned to the company vision, mission and values.
- Undertake research and projects aimed at maximizing return on investment opportunities within the portfolio. Identify opportunities for improvement in all human capital and operational plans.
- Build and manage relationships with vendors to ensure organizational needs are met.
- Research legal firm capabilities to support the company across all jurisdictions and maintain strong relationships with legal counsel in each jurisdiction.
- Undertake investigations as warranted in relation to alleged policy or conduct breaches.
- Create an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration specializing in Human Resource Managaement
- CPHR Designation is an asset
- 7 to 10 years progressive experience in human resources with 2 to 3 years in a senior leadership role
- Experience working within a multi-union environment
- Proven to be a strategic thinker who is able to partner with other company leaders to help develop and achieve business objectives
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and translate those relationships into business results
- Ability to independently lead the development, planning and implementation of human capital initiatives
- Ability to develop and implement company-wide total rewards strategies and programs
- Ability to develop and implement strategic workforce planning initiatives
- Ability to build strong relationships and work directly with executives
- Astute problem solver; capable of identifying and resolving current and/or potential barriers to success
- Ability to effectively implement and interpret collective agreements
- Proved business case development skills and implementation of business plans
- Demonstrated ability to coach, lead and manage teams
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Experienced builder of teams and functions
- High level of business acumen, financially astute, and strong sense of judgement and logic
- Ability to lead organizational change efforts; with a demonstrated ability to set priorities, handle ambiguity and execute strategy
- Ability to work independently, as well as, an integral part of a team
- Normal office working conditions
- Frequent business travel required to properties
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.