SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Food and Beverage Director at the Hilton Montreal Bonaventure in Montréal, Québec.
The F&B director reports to the General Manager . He is responsible for developing and implementing a strategy to fulfill the objective of increased sales. The F&B director manages the overall operation of Food & Beverage and its team, maintains high food and beverage quality and improves guest satisfaction and experience.
The F&B Director is responsible for giving direction to the entire food & beverage operational departments, which include Restaurant, Bar, Room Service, Banquets, Executive Lounge, Terraces, the Kitchen and Stewarding. The F&B Director is responsible for continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation and effective cost controls.
This leader must achieve guest satisfaction targets and team member satisfaction goals. In addition, this leader is responsible for developing and training F&B operational managers and supervisors, analyzing current trends and making recommendations accordingly. As a member of the Executive Committee, the F&B Director contributes to the overall business planning and development of the hotel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in the development and implementation of business strategies for the hotel which are aligned with SilverBirch’s overall mission, vision values and strategies
- Develops and implements strategies for achieving food and beverage financial goals;
- Development of all budgets, forecasts and schedules in line with the hotel business plan;
- Leads and participates in food and beverage projects as requested by the General Manager.
- Overlooks the Management of all food and beverage outlets (Restaurant, Bar, Room Service, Banquets, Executive Lounge, Terraces, the Kitchen and Stewarding)
- Anticipate and address guest issues and establish proactive processes to promote guest satisfaction;
- Implements guidelines, policies, and procedures for those operating departments and ensures outlets meet or exceed brand standards;
- Audits and maintains food safety, including ensuring food-handling employees have necessary safety certifications;
- Responds to food safety inspections and reports;
- Participates in periodic inventory of food and beverage inventories;
- Tracks use of hotel foodstuff and requests changes in order amounts to maximize efficiency Menus-suggest, review, and approve changes, set pricing, etc;
- Ensures proper functioning of systems such as Micros, Open table, etc;
- Interviews, selects, trains, appraises, coaches, counsels and disciplines departmental employees/managers according to company standards;
- Tracks the completion of training new outlet associates and management;
- Conducts a daily briefing with team members on current key activities;
- Ensure that F&B employees follow all cash handling procedures;
- Evaluate changes in guest needs, the guest mix and competitive set, to recommend appropriate product/service and operational changes as necessary.
- Works with food vendors and purchasing to maintain high food quality
- Establishes relationships with food vendors and negotiates pricing where possible;
- Attends vendor fairs and participates in food tastings;
- Assists Accounting with any vendor disputes regarding invoices and payment.
- Communicates effectively with guests, management, employees and corporate office
- Works together with Sales & Marketing and General Manager to promote Food and Beverage outlets through advertising and public relations campaigns through local sources;
- Ensures that the restaurant website is updated at all time and features current and future events;
- Works closely with Restaurant and Kitchen Managers to maximize revenue while meeting or exceeding guest expectations;
- Conducts a daily briefing with team members on current key activities;
- Communicates to corporate internal communications successful on-site programs
- Reports food and beverage revenue, costs, Medallia scores and prepares other reports regularly for management;
- Is an integral part of the business team, attends all scheduled meetings and contributes actively with proper preparation;
- This leader is an inspiration to all hotel staff to achieve upscale levels of performance;
- Interacts in a positive way with other departments to ensure a luxury guest experience.
- Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing the Hilton experience through performance that demonstrates the standards of genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service;
- Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems;
- Genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis;
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use ‘Make It Right’ to get 100% Guest Satisfaction;
- Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behavior and genuine hospitality;
- Must be an example of the SilverBirch Values, Hilton brand standards, and a champion of grooming and appearance guidelines;
- Ensures that all the Hilton standards are followed at all times.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years food and beverage management experience, preferably in the luxury setting;
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Culinary arts, or related fields;
- Familiarity with both the front and back of the house;
- Experience managing to brand standards;
- Experience in a unionized environment;
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays;
- A strong understanding of operational controls, budgeting, forecasting, menu engineering, sales, and marketing;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to train and develop team members;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and take initiative;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Computer skills (CostGuard, Micros, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software);
- Language skills : English and French
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.