SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Corporate Sales Manager at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre Calgary Airport in Calgary, AB.
In the role of Corporate Sales Manager, the objective is to achieve financial targets by ensuring efficient and effective selling of the Corporate Sales Market for the hotel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to and play an integral part of the strategic planning for group sales.
- Identify opportunities for increasing revenue and market share for the assigned markets
- Set and pursue target accounts.
- Monitor and analyze booking pace
- Improve pace for future years by creating and initiating action plans and strategies.
- Ensure yield management practices are followed for both rooms and catering to maximize revenue production.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings.
- Prepare budget assumptions for the annual budget process for assigned markets.
- Know our competition so we can target their markets that we wish to solicit, while maintaining professional relationships to ensure overflow and referrals.
- Ensure detailed and updated client profile sheets are complete. Ensure strong relationships exist with top clients.
- Develop, implement and evaluate short-term tactics and long range marketing/sales plans and programs by focusing on customer needs and expectations.
- Participate in site inspections, client appointments, client entertainment and events, etc., as needed. Identify and maximize opportunities to broaden hotels’ market share in Calgary
- Travel will be required; including within North America for training and/or business trips
- Maintain customer and community relations and build loyalty to SilverBirch Hotels through client partnerships and strategic alliances.
- Prepare monthly sales reports which include a sales summary and three-month rolling action plan.
- Accept other duties as requested and assigned by Regional/National offices.
- Performs other duties as required.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years previous sales manager experience.
- Previous hospitality or business administration education.
- Able to negotiate to ensure hotel is maximizing rate with occupancy.
- Possess strong presentation skills and the ability to influence decision makers through demonstrated business acumen.
- Able to achieve sales targets by overcoming objections, solving problems and making decisions.
- Understanding of the market and knowledge of our competition.
- Able to prospect and solicit new and repeat accounts successfully.
- Possess strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Flexible and energetic with the ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of Computer Systems including Microsoft Office Programs, Delphi & Opera an asset
- Able to interact and communicate with all levels and departments, both as a leader and team player.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Contact us at:
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.