SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a Coordinator, Building & Projects at our Corporate Office in downtown Vancouver BC.
The Coordinator, Building & Projects plays a key role in overseeing and maintaining the portfolio wide capital expenditure workflow process including assisting in the preparation of annual CapEx plans, review and processing of Request for funding submissions, ERP data input, purchase order management, and reporting administration. Working closely with the Finance department this position ensures accurate financial detail and oversight reporting, as well as project cost analysis and commentary
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures accurate and timely workflow for all aspects of portfolio-wide capital expenditure processes
• Ensures adherence to Request for funding procedures and is first point of review for all submissions
• Maintains oversight of all capital projects against budget; identify/analyze deviations.
• Works with Director, ERP & Financial Analysis to refine portfolio-level tracking and reporting process and assists with ongoing monthly analysis and identification of trends from a portfolio perspective.
• Provides monthly actual and forecast reporting and commentary highlighting opportunities and/or deviations
• Assists in the development and preparation of the portfolio annual capital expenditure plans
• Maintains property building equipment lists ensuring inclusion of life cycle expectancy and building condition reports
• Consolidates engineer reports to establish future CapEx requirements
• Manages Corporate project purchase order processes, invoicing and sign-off requirements
• Maintains project Contract document management
• Assists in ensuring accuracy and conformance to contract requirements
• Assists Senior Manager Engineering & Projects with technical reviews
• Assists with the implementation of, and adherence to, environmental standards and regulations. Includes engaging and working with environmental consultants
• Administers project contingency draw down process
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities Required
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills; aptitude for accuracy and details
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to anticipate
• Solid knowledge of Asset Management program, financial tracking and analysis tools
• Advanced Excel skills required
• Ability to multi-task through planning and organizing; strong problem-solving skills.
• A customer oriented approach to work; ability to work effectively with different people and departments.
• A motivated team player with a can-do attitude, strong sense of urgency and keen interest in improvements in systems and processes.
• Strong knowledge of project controls functions and processes; including cost control, project accounting, planning and scheduling process
Preferred Education & Qualifications
• Diploma or undergraduate training in a related field.
• 5-7 years of progressive experience in project coordination in design/renovation preferred.
• Experience with Fixtures, Furniture & Equipment (FF&E) procurement.
• Experience with the implementation of major renovations, in a hotel setting is an asset.
• Experience with capital asset system (ERP or others) would be an asset.
• Normal office working conditions
• Some travel might be required
• Occasional overtime hours when required.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.