SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a Cook II to support seasonal demand at the Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown in Vancouver, BC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare meals as per menu design, ensuring meals are cooked and plated appropriately as per health and company standards.
- Checks food for tastes, smell, temperature, eye appeal and portion control.
- Ensures timely rotation & utilization of mise en place to prevent spoilage and contamination
- Ensures correct preparation of guest requests for special food items.
- Anticipates and ensures entire station has sufficient, materials and preparation to meet production requirements.
- Provides action plans and duty lists to next shift on a daily basis.
- Checks banquet contacts for changes and assess needs and changes when necessary
- Maintains all quality standards as set out
- Has the ability to troubleshoot and make decisions quickly under pressure.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area at all times and adheres to Health & Safety Standards.
- Ensures the safe operation of kitchen equipment by inspecting, reporting and correcting safety hazards.
- Consults with the Kitchen Manager for use of prior days cooked food.
- Ensures that food items stored in any storage area are covered and in the correct area
- Assists in securing and controlling food stocks to prevent wastage
- Know and be able to carry out hotel emergency procedures including emergency evacuation, guest or employee injury and reporting safety and security issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills & Qualities:
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience in culinary role, preferably in a hotel or banquets environment.
- Have their Food Safe Certificate
- Be able to work various shifts, including afternoons and weekends
- Exceptionally strong guest service skills to ensure superior guest service
- Exceptional organizational skills with good oral and written communication skills.
- Passion and drive to work and excel in the Hospitality Industry
- Have a high attention to detail and be able to multitask under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Team-player who is able to recognize the value of guests and associates
- Working in a busy kitchen environment
- Standing, moving and bending on a regular basis
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Available times of work are typically between 5:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.