SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for 2 Convention Services Managers at the Hilton Montreal Bonaventure in Montreal, QC. One position will be for a full-time, temporary role and the other position will be for a full-time, permanent role.
The Convention Services Manager’s objective is to maximize customer satisfaction and hotel profitability by managing the hotel’s convention services functions ensuring that service is in accordance with the hospitality standards of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day negotiation of prices with clients (telephone and walk-ins) for catering functions, large conferences and meeting rooms, as well as guest rooms and all aspects pertaining to each Client file;
- Responsible for accurately forecasting catering revenues;
- Conduct site meetings with clients;
- Handle the execution of all groups with regards to food & beverage, audiovisual, room blocks, and any other necessary arrangements;
- Plan, up-sell and coordinate the details of the event with clients, including space requirements, function times, equipments, menus, billing instructions and the appropriate proposal and/or sales contract for signature;
- Promote hotel through direct sales calls, telephone calls and mailings;
- Prepare weekly contracts for incoming client’s and prepare proposals for potential clients and repeat business ;
- Attend and assist hotel functions when needed;
- Attend weekly meetings;
- Take initiative to anticipate and exceed guest’s expectations;
- Follow up with customers to determine customer’s satisfaction in regards to his functions; measure these results and establish strategies to improve the quality of the customer’s experience;
- Achieve profit goals by ensuring that negotiated function prices are in line with hotel profit objectives;
- Coordinate credit for customers with the Controller and accounting associates;
- Meet and exceed customer expectations by ensuring the hotel provides the best service and teamwork;
- Manage all facets of meetings preparation;
- Manages expenses, maximizes revenues, encourages up-selling and works at staying ahead of the competition;
- Listens to all sides of an issue to achieve a successful solution that benefits guests and associates;
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Previous Convention Services experience in the Hospitality industry for at least 5 years;
- University or College education in hotel management/ business administration is preferred;
- CMP (Certified Meeting Professional) certification is a requirement;
- Fluently bilingual in both oral and written (English / French);
- Knowledgeable about Food & Beverage;
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, Delphi and/or related convention services programs;
- Motivated individual who works well both independently and within a team and has the ability to provide direction to team members;
- Experience in setting and meeting achievement oriented goals and standards;
- Ability to prioritize and to meet all deadlines and is capable of working under pressure;
- Demonstrated strong communication and problem solving skills;
- Understands customers, builds organizational credibility and develops new revenue sources;
- Enhances one’s own ability and the ability of other’s to contribute;
- Proven interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated good negotiating skills;
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Contact us at:
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.