SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Conference Services Manager at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton South, Alberta.
The Conference Services Manager is responsible to achieve hotel revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals by negotiating catering business and coordinating the execution of the events booked with other departments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Exceed guest and team member expectations by providing the best service and maintaining a positive attitude
- Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and supervisors
- Creative individual assisting in the development of sales tools such as packages, menus, etc
- Comfortable with personal accountability in regards to meeting deadlines and targets
- Ensure that function set up meets and exceeds guest expectations by working closely with conveners and meeting planners; this is inclusive but not limited to meetings rooms, equipment requirements, food and beverage
- Responsible for negotiation of pricing for catering functions, meeting rooms and guestrooms
- Utilize appropriate selling techniques to solicit new and repeat business
- Prepare weekly contracts for incoming functions and guestrooms assuring the appropriate departments are made aware of these expectations
- Conduct professional site tours and communicate client details to hotel departments regarding the site tour.
- Follow up on proposals for group and convention business and prepare contracts for group and/or meeting and convention business.
- Prospect potential new clients for catering, and/or group room business
- To work with and assist each assigned catering client from point of initial contact until the final evaluation is complete
- To develop a working relationship with the sales & catering, banquet, culinary and rooms division teams
- To be aware of marketplace events and changes that impact the business of the hotel, and to react quickly and appropriately to maximize potential revenues; tracking competitor and marketplace information
- Maintain flexible availability when setting up appointments with clientele
- Answer telephone in a courteous and timely fashion
- Acquire knowledge of hotel, in house facilities and local information to respond to guest inquiries
- Follow all Health & Safety policies of the Radisson Edmonton South
- Keep supervisors informed promptly of all problems or unusual matters
- Attend monthly department and training meetings as scheduled
- Perform other duties as required
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- 2 years catering consultant experience is an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Motivated individual able to work independently and within a team setting
- Computer skills are necessary including but not limited to: Microsoft Office & Delphi
- Able to manage multiple projects, competing priorities, objectives and deadlines
- Display positive attitude, maintain enthusiasm and celebrate both individual and team success
- Proven interpersonal skills, organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Energetic and flexible, working well under pressure
- Previous customer service and/or related experience is an asset
- Self motivated, creative, friendly and capable of working in a team environment
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Sherry Scott, Director of Human Resources
Direct Phone: (780) 431-5835
Direct Fax: (780) 431-5811
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.