Catering Service Manager
DoubleTree by Hilton™ West Edmonton
Home2 Suites by Hilton® West Edmonton
Full-time, Permanent to start January 3, 2013
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies with over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Catering Service Manager for the DoubleTree by Hilton™ West Edmonton (opening early 2014) and the Home2 Suites by Hilton™ West Edmonton (opening mid 2014).
The Catering Service Manager will have the exciting opportunity to open and launch two unique premier hotels in the vibrant Edmonton market. Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, the Catering Service Manager will lead the plans to maximize revenue, secure new business and grow existing relationships. This position liaises with all hotel departments to ensure consistent high level service is delivered to each guest.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take incoming requests for catering groups with less than 20 room nights.
- Negotiate & prepare sales proposals and contract, understanding legal terms and conditions.
- Prepare proposals for potential clients and repeat business.
- Conduct site meetings with clients, and attend and/or assist hotel functions when needed.
- Meet or exceed monthly sales revenue and activity quotas.
- Achieve catering profit goals by ensuring that negotiated function prices are in line with hotel profit.
- Effectively manage customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
- Manage existing client relationships while seeking new business for the hotel.
- Provide input and ideas towards marketing and sales strategies.
- Effectively solicit repeat group business.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; able to respond to and handle guest problems and complaints.
- Emphasize guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focus on continuous improvement.
- Attend pre-event meetings as needed to understand group needs.
- Accurately forecast group sleeping rooms and event revenue for groups.
- Attend networking and local community events acting as an ambassador for the hotel.
- Adheres to sales and catering policies & procedures, including Net Delphi processes.
- Ensure accuracy in recording all details on contracts, proposals and correspondence with particular emphasis on menu information, pricing, organization and set-up and billing requirements.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- University or College degree or diploma in Hotel Management/ Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Previous catering services and/or sales experience an asset.
- Responsible corporate citizen; committed to notion of “green” hotels.
- Ability to use standard software applications, such as Microsoft Office, and hotel systems – Delphi.
- Preferred experienced in Branded and or full service hotel.
- Knowledge of Event Service Operations.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.