Catering Sales Manager
Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Catering Sales Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites in Victoria, BC.
Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing, the Catering Manager will maximize customer satisfaction and hotel profitability by managing the hotel’s catering functions in accordance with the standards of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generate leads by contacting and servicing key target accounts within all market segments; work with sales team to maximize leads.
- Secure business through prospecting, networking, presentations, and sales calls.
- Prepare proposals and contracts.
- Responsible for all catering revenue, which includes meetings, weddings, social events, and Christmas/Holiday parties.
- Responsible for actively servicing conferences, which includes receiving rooming lists, coordinating the details of the events/meetings with clients, i.e. space requirements, function times, equipment and menus.
- Responsible for accurately forecasting catering revenues.
- Conduct site meetings with clients.
- Prepare Banquet Event Orders and any corresponding floor plans for incoming catering clients and conferences.
- Communicate the execution of all group details with regards to food & beverage, audiovisual, and any other necessary arrangements at pre-conference and Banquet Event Order meetings.
- With the support of the Banquet Department, coordinate and monitor daily meetings to ensure the client’s needs are being met, the SilverBirch Spirit Standards are followed.
- Communicate any group catering or catering changes through Delphi ‘Change Log’ to relevant departments when required.
- Prepare and distribute weekly BEO bundles and weekly reports to relevant Department Heads.
- Attend and assist with hotel functions when needed.
- Attend hotel departmental meetings when required.
- Take initiative to anticipate and exceed guest expectations.
- Follow-up with customers to determine satisfaction with function; measure these results and establish strategies to improve the quality of the customer’s experience.
- Achieve catering profit goals by ensuring that negotiated function prices are in line with hotel profit objectives.
- Coordinate credit for catering customers with the Financial Controller and accounting associates.
- Prepare event/function signs, check daily reader boards for accuracy regarding details.
- Other duties and projects as required
- Fulfill Manager on Duty role and responsibilities in accordance with schedule.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Previous catering services and/or sales experience an asset.
- A sense of passion for our business and the people we serve.
- Proven interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Motivated individual who works well both independently and within a team.
- Well-developed written communication skills.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Apply by September 30, 2013 to:
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.