Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Catering Manager at the Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta.
The Catering Manager is responsible for leading and championing the catering team within the hotel by maximizing Catering revenues and optimizing guest satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively pursues Catering Revenue and Rooms Revenue opportunities for the hotel through sourcing new business and following up on all functions to maximize rebooking potential. This includes leading and executing the action plans, prospecting, direct sales calls and site visitations.
- Assists the Director of Sales and Marketing in leading the catering teams to achieve maximum performance. Drives up-selling, menu engineering, and provides creative solutions to meet the customers’ needs.
- Ensures the catering processes are efficient and exceed our customers’ expectations from inquiry stage to the post-event follow up for the Catering Department.
- Leads the catering forecast and takes responsibility for analyzing where and when we can grow our revenues.
- Prepares monthly action plans with the input of the Director of Sales and Marketing and conducts a monthly review of activity plans and key accounts.
- Ensures accuracy in recording all details on contracts, proposals and correspondence with particular emphasis on menu information, pricing, organization and set-ups, and billing requirements.
- Attends and assists hotel functions when needed.
- Negotiates contracts with clients for catering functions and meeting rooms as well as guest rooms and all aspects pertaining to each client file.
- Conducts site meetings with clients.
- Plans, up-sells and coordinates the details of events with clients.
- Promotes the hotel through prospecting, direct sales calls, telephone calls and mailings.
- Achieves catering profit goals by ensuring that negotiated function prices are in line with hotel profit objectives.
- Coordinates credit for catering customers with the Controller and accounting associates.
- Contributes as a member of the Hotel RevMax team.
- Responsible for the professional development and growth of all Catering team members.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of hospitality sales experience, with previous management experience.
- University or college degree in Hotel Management/Business Administration preferred.
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills; demonstrated ability to lead and/or influence others in order to have a specific impact or effect.
- Ability to set priorities, plan, organize, delegate, control and inspire.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and customer resolution skills.
- Experience with Delphi and Opera an asset.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.