SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Catering Consultant at the Ramada Edmonton Hotel & Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta.
In the role of Catering Consultant you will work within the Catering Department with proactive selling tactics which includes client contact and follow-up with a consistent focus on maintaining a high level of service and efficiency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Actively pursue Catering Revenue and Rooms Revenue opportunities for the hotel through sourcing new business and following up on all functions to maximize re-booking potential. This includes prospecting, direct sales calls and site visitations, telephone calls and e-marketing
• Prepares monthly action plans with the input of the Catering Manager
• Ensures accuracy in recording all details on contracts, proposals and correspondence with particular emphasis on menu information, pricing, organization and set-up and billing requirements
• Coordinate and monitor daily meetings to ensure that client’s needs are being met
• Attend and assist hotel functions when needed
• Negotiate contracts with clients for catering functions and meeting rooms as well as guest rooms and all aspects pertaining to each client file
• Conduct site meetings with clients
• Plan, up-sell and coordinate the details of the event with clients, including space requirements, function times, equipment, menus, billing instructions and the appropriate proposal and/or sales contract for signature
• Take initiative to anticipate and exceed guest’s expectations
• Follow up with customer to determine satisfaction with function; measures these results and establishes strategies to improve the quality of the customer’s experience
• Achieve catering profit goals by ensuring that negotiated function prices are in line with hotel profit objectives
• Coordinate credit for catering customers with the Controller and accounting associates.
• Other duties and projects as required
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
• High School diploma required
• Diploma in hospitality management or event management is considered an asset
• 1-3 years’ experience in sales and/or catering service
• Proven interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills
• Computer skills including: Microsoft Applications, Delphi, Opera and/or related catering/sales program
• Motivated individual who works well within a team environment
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Phone inquiries: 780-453-7313
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
• does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
• does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.