SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for an ON CALL Bartender/Server for Cavino Wine Bar at the Residence Inn Vancouver Downtown, Vancouver, BC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
In the role of Bartender/ Server, you would be responsible for the overall experience of our guests with a primary focus within the F&B outlet by providing fast, efficient and courteous service. You have an objective to create 100% Guest & Associate Satisfaction. Genuine service and by exceeding guest and team expectations. All service provided is expected to be consistent with the SilverBirch Hotel & Resorts standards and Residence Inn by Marriott.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Required to work floor shifts in restaurant and possibly banquets
- Bartending and serving, as well as plating
- Preparation of light meals as required
- Exceed guest service expectations on a consistent basis
- Accurate cash handling skills and comfortable processing electronic payments
- Ensure proper bar/lounge set-up for reservations
- Ensure server station(s) and work lists are completed
- Ensure proper use and cleanliness of equipment
- Assist in the selling of promotions; specials and contests
- Check each guest table for satisfaction
- Ensure a safe and friendly environment for all guests and associates
- Work as a team player to ensure that all areas operate smoothly and efficiently
- Liaise with the kitchen & ensure that we are serving high quality food products to our guests at all times
- Have full knowledge of the Micros system and be comfortable with modern technology
- Always smile and maintain eye contact
- Maintaining food safety for the department and following local and Marriott guidelines for food safety
- Any other duties as assigned within that department
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Bartender and Server in both restaurant and banquets capacities.
- Serving it Right Certificate required.
- Comprehensive knowledge/interest in wine and mixed beverages
- Proven guest service skills required
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Must have experience in POS systems, preferably MICROS
- Successful candidate must be available for all shifts, split-shifts including weekends and statutory holidays as outlined in our Collective Agreement
- Able to continuously stand for long periods of time, bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Follow all policies and procedures
- Follow all department and hotel standards as set forth by SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, and ethics
- Food Safe Certificate Required as you will be required to do some minor tasks such as warming soups, preparing and serving grab and go items, sandwiches, cheese plates, etc.
- Minimum 19 years of age
- Prior customer service experience is mandatory
- 1 year bartending and serving experience
NOTE: This position is based on business levels to cover vacations, etc.**
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Bryin W. Munroe, Human Resources
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.