We are looking for a Sous Chef at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre in Red Deer, Alberta.
In the role of Sous Chef you will direct and control the back-of-house operations of the restaurant, ensuring the expectations of our guests are met and surpassed in terms of service excellence and food quality while adhering to budgetary requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in creation of menus with the Executive Chef utilizing the Cost Guard program
- Assure adherence to Red Deer Lodge standards of food quality, recipes and preparation
- Oversee all food preparation operational areas
- Supervise the proper setting up of each item on menus and insure their readiness
- Update prep and/or par lists for each section of the kitchen
- Plan and requisition food as called for on event orders; discuss requisitions with Executive Chef; order and communicate what is necessary with contracted suppliers
- Assure proper safety, hygiene and sanitation practices are followed; Absolute understanding and adherence to HACCP, Ecosure and cleaning lists provided is required; weekly walk through of the kitchen will be mandatory
- Return food to proper stations at the completion of functions and that they are stored in accordance to Red Deer Lodge
- Prepare food for upcoming functions ensuring changes are communicated to the appropriate departments
- Control food costs properly by maintaining accurate records of all food ingredients
- Minimize number of accidents occurring by ensuring applicable health & safety standards are understood and applied in the conduct of all work activities
- Mentor, coach and educate associates on the culinary team to promote growth and movement within the department
- Assist in onboarding process and training of all new associates working within the kitchen
- Actively participate in PPR process for kitchen associates as well a performance improvement / coaching when required; one on one sessions with associates will be a required
- Work with kitchen management team to increase yearly CSI, GSI and NOI scores utilizing PPR process
- Perform other duties as required
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the culinary field; Red Seal Certification is an asset
- Supervisory experience an asset, Hotel experience an asset
- Strong leadership, motivational and training skills
- Creative, organized, detail oriented, takes initiative and is good at multi -tasking
- Flexible, energetic with the ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills, outgoing and proven professional record
- Able and familiar with computer programs
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.