SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a full-time Assistant Banquet Manager at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton South in Edmonton, AB.
The Assistant Banquet Manager assists the Banquet Manager in providing excellent banquet operations while ensuring guest satisfaction, working closely with the Sales Department and the Executive Chef to organize and coordinate events.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee banquet service operations and ensure that all banquet service details are executed. Assist in ensuring events are on time. Make adjustments as needed and relay information to the appropriate persons.
- Train, motivate and supervise associates to ensure performance and excellent service standards are achieved.
- Provide leadership to the associates in the absence of the Banquet Manager.
- Ensure SilverBirch Hotels and Resorts core standards and service standards are maintained and followed at all times.
- Maintain the highest quality of service related to all events.
- Coordinate activities and use of all assigned personnel and resources.
- Anticipate and tend to all guest needs; respond to individual guest needs as they occur.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics and image.
- Reinforce a high standard of sanitation, cleanliness and food safety standards.
- Supervise all aspects of banquet and catering facilities set up and clean up.
- Work closely with the Catering or Food and Beverage Manager to determine what associates and supplies will be required.
- Compile serving schedules and coordinate food services during functions.
- Assist with maintaining proper liquor controls.
- Maintain adequate inventories of banquet service supplies.
- Ensure equipment is properly cleaned and maintained.
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are being met at all times.
- Provide input into budgeting and forecasting for catering department.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- 1 – 3 years of banquet experience in a leadership role.
- Strong communication, supervisory and problem solving skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks to team members and facilitate completion.
- Excellent organizational skills and leadership abilities.
- Ability to recognize and correct guest service issues in a courteous and professional manner.
- Prioritizes and works efficiently with limited supervision.
- Self-motivated, creative, capable of working in a team environment.
- Fast paced environment that is often demanding.
- Stand, walk and remain on feet and perform job duties for entire shift duration.
- Weekend, evening and holiday hours often required.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Sherry J. Scott,
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.