We are looking for an Application Support Analyst at our Corporate Office in Vancouver, BC.
The Application Support Analyst will champion the use of technology to help SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts meet or exceed its strategic goals. The Application Support Analyst will understand the structure, policies and operations of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts and will implement and support best of breed solutions to best support hotel requirements.
The Application Support Analyst will act as a liaison between internal customers and vendors to ensure that issues are reported correctly and questions are answered promptly.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop an advanced understanding and competency in assigned business systems and provide support and best practices to the end user community
- Liaise with vendors to report system issues and ask “how to” questions
- Develop knowledge base with answers to frequently asked questions
- Create and disable user accounts as required
- Create SharePoint 2010 team sites with appropriate web parts and permissions
- Stay up-to-date with Marriott and Hilton brand systems. Attend training when required
- Successfully engage and support multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Liaise with vendors to ensure projects are implemented on time and on budget (will manage smaller software implementation projects)
- Develop queries and reports using simple reporting tools
- Strong understanding of business systems and technologies and a desire to help others use them effectively
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Strong project management and administrative skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, technical experts, vendors and subject matter experts.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum Post-Secondary Diploma, preferably in Computer Systems Technology
- Recognized training or equivalent experience in business-project management
- 3 to 5 years’ experience supporting mission critical business applications, at least 1 of which is in a client/server environment.
- Hospitality systems experience is considered an asset
- SharePoint 2010 experience is considered an asset
- ERP systems experience is considered an asset
- Experience conducting web training and support with online meeting tools such as WebEx, Go-to-Meeting and Microsoft Lync.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.